Quote
Originally posted by hotshoe36:
A little truckin' history for you people, here from the left coast. At one time, the general school of thought was that Budd hubs were for highway trucks, but if you wanted to work your riggin' in rough country or on heavy hauls, the Dayton was the way to go. So, if I had a 3408-powered tractor and I wanted to pull it off the road and put it to hauling logs or wotever in the bush, I'd have thought hard about those adapters, for the drive axles at least. I know this: Once you've retorqued a Dayton 'till it won't retorque no more, you can put whatever power you like to it, and it won't spin.
Kind of heard that..... similar. Maybe here... someone stated that 'modern' container trailers still have Dayton style on them. Something about the rim not bending as much if the container crane operator were to "drop" the container on the trailer. Weight/abuse would get transfered to the 'spokes' sooner I would guess.....


1948 Dodge 2 ton
1950 GMC 1 1/2 ton
1952 GMC 3/4 ton