Come on now...
I like hub centered Budd wheels myself, but find these Dayton adapters interesting and unique.

And I disagree with your first two points:
1. Dayton wheels will run true if you take the extra minute or two to true them up as you tighten the clamps, it's not that hard...
2. They take much less stud torque.
A typical stud centered Budd wheel takes 450-500 ft.-lb.
A Dayton wheel with 3/4" studs takes 200-260 ft.-lb. Then given that our Dayton wheel adapters have 5/8" studs they take even less torque.
-- Can I give you $0.01 change back on your 2 cents? wink

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-