Sound like some one is trying to take you for a ride! On the Reading! when I took my block in to be machined I had them magna flux the block for cracks. Then when they found nothing wrong with the block I had it punched 030 over. The shop asked me what I wanted to do as far as parts where concerned I told them I would have every thing they needed when they checked every thing out. I wanted the crank ground 010-010 on the rod and mains or if they could have it polished but they had one that was out of specs. The rods were reconditioned,they put my Keith Black pistons on the rods with Speed Pro Rings on the pistons. The cam bearings were installed along with the pistons,rod and main bearings. True Roller Timing Chain was installed along with the engine componets being balanced before assembly. John Lingenfelder recommends 75cc heads for the street 441,993's etc.for a street engine. The machine shop also did my heads with new seats,valves, valve guides and the final install of studs for roller rockers. I might add these guys built racing engines for a long time until one of the partners became very sick and could not continue. They did very high quality work. The reason I had the lower end done was i was working seven days of the week back then.
62Blue
Don
Don

Last edited by Don G.; 02/22/2009 7:38 AM.

62Blue
62Chevy in progress
You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)