Grinding the Fentons wasn't a big deal, it was just time consuming. As Jon Arnett said:

Grind, fit, grind, fit THEN PAINT.

I had to grind the Offys on the bottom to get the Fentons to clear and then had to grind the mount tabs on the Fenton's to get them to the same level as the Offy's so I could use the mount bolts/hold downs. I also had to grind 'into' the Fentons to get the hold downs to fit. If I hadn't they would have been at an angle and might not have held down the manifolds too well! Fortunately there's lots of 'meat' on the Fentons to grind into when you need to.

Also, without thinking I painted the fenton's before grinding them... No big deal to repaint 'em though!

I actually got a real sense of satisfaction from making the Fentons and Offy work together! However, the time and dust in my garage were a pain.


'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi