Fred,
I've got the 848 head. What kind of compression ratio should be desired? Will a full race cam place additional stress on the bearings? Or will I give up too much by using a 3/4 as NM51 suggested?
As far as ignition, I like the suggestion for the Mallory with the feature of a smoothing things out. As far as the alternator, I would very much like to replace my existing alternator with a rewired generator for 12 volt(the look). Can 80-100 amps be acheived in a rebuilt generator?
And where is a good place to go for the Holley-Weber progressive 2 BBLS?
NM51,
Wow! Sounds like you've been here before. Maybe daily. OK. Quite a list.
Would you agree with Fred on the Mallory ignition? How bout the 3/4 cam vs. the full race?
Would you say that a new replacement radiator would not be adaquate?
Overboring the engine 90+ is three times what I've been hearing. Will this add any unstability?
Don't really care if I go fast, but if I need to get on it, I'd like to have something behind my foot. I'm keeping the original trans (Muncie 3-speed) but rebuilt and the rear is getting the 3.55:1 from Patrick's. And the brakes will remain stock but all new or rebuilt.
I like the look of the dual intake and will take you up on the 2 bbl carbs.
Thanks for the comments. I'm really looking for the 'personal' experiences as opposed to a reference manual.