thanks, I looked over your thread. Looks like a very nice setup, really cool. I was originally going to leave out the knock sensor as the person in the jeep article does, but I think I will keep it, drain plug on the driver side should work fine.
The nice thing about this TBI setup as Ive been looking at the wiring diagrams is there isn't a whole lot of wires. Im already planning the routing for the wires and the computer. My plan is to keep the tbi wiring completely seperate from the rest of the truck wiring (lights, charging system, etc), I also want to make it so there isn't a lot of wiring running all over the engine. There will be two wire grommets on the firewall, one on the driverside of the block and one on the passenger side. There will be about 14 wires coming out on the driverside to the needed sensors, injectors, etc. About 9 wires on the passenger side to the distributor, fuel pump relay and coolant temp sensor in the feed neck. The computer will be mounted on the passenger kick panel, as high as it will go as to not be seen.
Currently the feed neck on my 54 235 only has 1 place for a fitting and its used for the hot water heat on my intake. I imagine a feed neck off of a later 235 or 261 will bolt up ??? If so there is either a later 235 or 261 in a AD truck at the local yard that has a feed neck with two fittings, so I could use the other one for the temp sensor. Thats about the only other place I can put the sensor as the one on the head has the temp gauge probe.