posted this over on the inliners forum and was given this link, its for a jeep inline 6 but it still applies.

http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/junkyardtbi.asp


looks like what I'm after is a tbi setup off of a late 80's to early 90's 4.3L V6, preferably off of a full size gm. Must get the TBI throttle body, wiring harness and all applicable sensors (IAC, TPS, MAP, IAT, CTS, etc) and then the engine computer. Should be able to get all this from the local yard for around $60. Also need to get the pieces to change over the inners of the GM 250 distributor to computer controlled advance (instead of vacuum).

I have a tool to plug my laptop into the engine computer and run diagnostics and with a special program I can edit the program to remove the vehicle speed sensor and egr and what ever else needs to be modified.

Currently on my 235 is a brand new (almost a year old but bearly used) Holley 390cfm carb modified (jets and nozzles) to work on a 235/261. If this conversion works, I guess I will either put the carb away and save it for a future project or sell it.


a good post on inliners about going efi
http://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=14281#Post14281