Well it was somewhat a nice day yesturday so I went and got most of what I need to do this swap at the local yard.
I picked up the following so far
-4.3L TBI Unit off a 90 s10 - $20
-Wiring harness off a suburban, had a v8 but the harness is the exact same as what is used for the 4.3L v6 in the full size vehicles. - $20
-Engine Control Module (ECM, computer, etc), serial 1227747, came out of a 5.7L v8 so I grabbed the eprom & calpak out of a computer for a 4.3L v6 (didn't take the computer because the model wasn't a 747 or 746). - $30
-Also grabbed a map sensor and coolant temp sensor as well.
I need to get the following and then I can get to work
- TBI rebuild kit
- TBI Adapter. Im thinking of just making one, design on CAD and then have the local machine shop cut it out of 3/8 or 1/2 steel or aluminum, I have some 3/8" aluminum plate at home so I might use that. I know they sell 4bbl to tbi adapters but this way I can eliminate a few gaskets and problem points and bolt the tbi plate directly to my clifford 2/4bbl manifold.
- External mount fuel pump, a post pump filter and some various fittings and 3/8" fuel line
- EFI-DIY suggested getting some eproms and calpaks for a 2.8L v6 and try a few different combinations of chips and injectors. Maybe I should check the computers in a 3.8L v6 and see if those chips will work as well, might be closer.
- I currently have a 250 HEI distributor but it is vacuum advance, I need to get the parts to convert it to computer controlled.
- I also have to get a knock sensor and electronic spark control module (esc) off of a 250 inline 6, if I can find one, if not I will try the one for the 4.3
- O2 sensor, not sure which one would be best, one from a 250 or a 4.3L