With the idea of checking/changing the clutch in my 66 Chevy (LWB/FS) I am in the process of removing the transmission.
Maybe as a last check I should describe the problem. I bought the truck with the knowledge that the clutch would not disengage. On the horizontal linkage, the forward adjustment is adjusted at it's max. Is there any adjustment on the rear of that horizontal linkage? If not, then I concur that the clutch will need to be replaced. Please confirm or deny if you can.
Back to removing the trans. I removed the speedo cable, and removed the U bolts on the forward U joint. The driveshaft is in two sections from the trans. to the pumpkin. Do I have to remove the rear crossbar attachment of the driveshaft in order to get the trans. out? Here's a pic:
[img]http://members.truevine.net/
[email protected]/66chevy/DSC01832.JPG[/img]
I know I'll have to eventually remove the forward crossmember under the trans. That's not the one I'm asking about. Although I've removed the two U bolts at the U joint, I've not yet removed the inner spring clips. Is this the thing that's keeping me from removing the driveshaft from the trans? Here's a pic of that end too: [img]http://members.truevine.net/
[email protected]/66chevy/DSC01831.JPG[/img]
Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, BTW, it has a 292 w/4spd. on the floor.
Rance (beginning to turn some of the big bolts in my new truck)