Rance,

About 20+ years ago I was looking to buy a '71 Toyota land cruiser with a stuck clutch. I called a mechanic and to ask about getting the clutch replaced. He told me to try this first:

1. Put it in neutral.
2. Put your foot firmly on the brake.
3. Depress the clutch
4. Turn the key to crank over the starter.

He said the turning of the flywheel by the starter while holding the brake with the clutch in may brake loose the clutch.

I decided to buy the truck as is. After paying for it and getting the signed title, the seller asked if I was going to have it towed. I said "maybe". I then went out to his driveway and hopped in and tried the above procedure. As soon as I cranked the starter there was a loud "bang" as the clutch broke loose. I warmed it up for about 30 seconds, put it in reverse and backed out of his driveway and drive it home.

I'll never forget jaw dropping look on his face as I drove away in it!

I drove it for 3 years before selling it and never did replace the clutch.

No guaratee that it will work for you, but it is worth a try.

Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf