An upgrade for a Detroit with the two screw fingers on the fuel control tube is to use the newer spring loaded single screw fingers.
Often people refer to this as a "spring loaded rack" although not entirely correct.
The advantage is if the rack on one injector sticks in the full fuel position the other one can still be moved to the no fuel position, and likely get the engine stopped.
With the old type fuel control tube with two screws if one injector sticks in the full fuel position, the others are stuck too.
I am not sure if a single screw fuel control tube was ever made for a 2-53, but I am sure a 3 or 4 cylinder one can be cut down.
Call Timothy or Harold at Leid Diesel in PA (717) 776 7725, they will know the answer, and will have or can get the parts.
Not all Detroits have an emergency air shutoff, almost all turbocharged models didn't but they did have the spring loaded fingers.
the truck I had with the twin turbocharged 6V53T had the old style fuel control tubes, and no air shutoff, one of the upgrades I did was swap them out for the spring loaded ones.
When the new style fuel control tube came even most if not all non turbocharged engines did not have emergency air shutoffs any more.
I have the original blower inlet housing from a 4-53N with no air shutoff in it. Last few evenings I have been cutting it apart and welding it back together to work with a front mounted inter-cooler on my engine.
Grigg