Originally Posted by chrmc
The rod was adjusted to its shortest length and was still to long. I spoke with a guy at CPP this morning and he had not heard of this problem before, to short yes, to long no. He suggested cutting an inch off of the pedal push rod which should work, the thread inside the push rod looks deep enough to allow for that. I will go over my installation one more time to make sure I didn't make some boneheaded mistake before I bring out the hacksaw. The brackets for these things mount on the two holes that held the original master cylinder on so I don't see much room error.
I have a drum/drum brake system and Classic Auto Parts sent me a booster with proportioning valve which I don't need. You gotta watch these guys. Martin
If you order new wheel cylinders from them be careful. I just replaced master cylinder, all wheel cylinders, shoes, lines, ect. on my '51 3100. I went back stock so I didn't run into the master cylinder problems you're dealing with, but one of the new wheel cylinders I bought from Classic leaked badly. I took it apart and found the pistons inside had been put in backwards. I didn't bother contacting them since it was easly fixed and I wanted to complete the job rather than wait for returns. Classic's always been good to me, I've bought several times from them, but maybe their quality is slipping? Good luck on the brake job.