| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 27 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 27 | The rod was adjusted to its shortest length and was still to long. I spoke with a guy at CPP this morning and he had not heard of this problem before, to short yes, to long no. He suggested cutting an inch off of the pedal push rod which should work, the thread inside the push rod looks deep enough to allow for that. I will go over my installation one more time to make sure I didn't make some boneheaded mistake before I bring out the hacksaw. The brackets for these things mount on the two holes that held the original master cylinder on so I don't see much room error. I have a drum/drum brake system and Classic Auto Parts sent me a booster with proportioning valve which I don't need. You gotta watch these guys. Martin | | | |
Entire Thread
|
rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| chrmc | 10/28/2007 8:29 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| OldSub | 10/28/2007 9:08 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| chrmc | 10/28/2007 9:43 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 10/29/2007 12:20 AM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| OldSub | 10/29/2007 3:25 AM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| chrmc | 10/29/2007 6:12 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 10/29/2007 10:50 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| chrmc | 10/29/2007 11:44 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| chrmc | 10/30/2007 1:57 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| five-oh | 10/30/2007 5:14 PM |
Re: rear brakes, 51 3/4 ton
| chrmc | 11/03/2007 10:33 PM | |
| |
| |