Hi, I'll put in my two cents! With the rebuidable 292 that I picked up recently, came some spare parts. This motor is a good reason why you should always use plenty of lube when assembling a motor. They didn't, and now it's a possible rebuilder for me. From what I hear, it ran less than 1/2 an hour before it quit. grin Anyway, the guy threw in the home made three carb set up and some headers with zero miles on them. grin It looks like a very good weld job and I like the fact that it's homemade, so it's going back on the 292 when it comes back from the machine shop. Aluminum has it's place, but if you can, use home made or non mass produced stuff to give your truck that nostalgic look! smile


If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.


1941 Pontiac business coupe
1947 Chev Coupe
1969 GTO ragtop