Or you could go the sleeper route, like I'm doing. I'm using both factory intake and exhaust. Exhaust is getting split into two behind the intake heater. This is a bit of work but when done will look very close to stock. The intake is getting modified to accept a 350 cfm two barrel carb. With a few mods to the oil bath air filter (sneak a K&N in there) it keeps stock appearance. Add a warm cam and you have the mechanical equivalent of what you are doing, except like they did it back in the day. I'm beginning to find Fentons and Offy's a wee bit tired. Just like small blocks - yuck!
I figure this is the best of all worlds - performance from the mods, easy on the pocket book, keeps stock appearance, no multiple carbs to balance, and no huge 4 barrel looking real out of place strapped to the side of the engine.
cheers,
Ryan