Would you 'rivers of knowledge' tell us how the performance improved and what kind of economy you lost, or what kind of MPG you are getting now with the 4 barrel conversions? I have though a lot about this and also the electronic ignition conversions. I have done those to all my motorcyles with at least an improvement in never having to tune them up again.
Anyone remember those early pontiac firebirds (68-69) with the overhead cam 250s? Wonder how well they'd work? I had a 68 camaro and I thought about making a poor man's jag out of it by hot rodding the 6. Back in the 70's everyone thought I was nuts, but my brother had a couple of E-types and they were neat cars. Plus I sear that car handled way better than its V-8 cousins, although, when you read about the engine weights you think - hmm, must have been in my head.