Hi!
I have zero experience with E-85, but a lot of time running straight alcohol engines. Alcohol has a MUCH lower specific gravity than gasoline. Since the 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio all engines need is figured by weight, not volume, you'll need to re-jet the carb for a lot more fuel flow. When my Dad started running the family race car on alcohol back in the early 1950's, Carter Carburetor reccomended we increase the cross-sectional area of the main jets X10, or approximately 3 times the gasoline jet diameter. That was for full-throttle work on a racing engine, but I'd guess a main jet diameter twice the gasoline jet size would put you in the ballpark for street use. I do know a Ford/Holley 2-barrel on a flathead V-8 runs too lean on alcohol, even with the jets removed. There is too much restriction in the internal passages of the carb. Stromberg 97 carbs had a less-restrictive fuel flow, and could be jetted rich enough to work on straight alky. I have no idea if your Rochester could be jetted rich enough without increasing the size of the fuel passages downstream of the main jet.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!