UP-Date: I happen to call shops to inquire about cutting a taper. Their appears to be two types, chevy and ford. I also understand that newer trucks have a larger diameter than older vehicles. Sorry I do not know that yr. date. A local 4 wheel shop, not only cuts the taper but offered to investigate the Drag Link issue. He says he's been doing this work (I'm sure for 'jeepers') quit some time. I gave him the new modern tie rod ends w/ my Steering Arm so the cut matches the taper. I now need to give him my old style Drag Link and he will do the rest. When I get part #'s I let you know. We'll see...
Gooday Jim
small wheel moves by fire and rod, big wheel fires by the grace of god, everytime that wheel turns round, bound to cover just a little more ground.
|