bowtiesr4me -

I drilled and ground the ball off of the pitman arm. Then,I got a bushing that was just the right size for the large part of the stud on tie rod end I used and used it as a "filler" along with the tie rod end stud on the pitman arm. It fit tight enough to tighten up the nut and then, of course, I used a cotter pin.

It all has to do with how large the studs are on the tie rod ends you use and I might have been able to find some that fit the taper of the pitman arm and the steering arm, but a.) Who knows how long that would have taken and, b). I would have had to buy two sets of tie rods because the hole in the pitman arm was smaller than the hole in the third arm. They seem to be functioning fine.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane