I asked golden state and chevy duty and the answer is as i've been told the newer style is 3/8'' longer than for 1947 - 51.
so it looks like i have to use the old style unless i make my own.
I'll now look into changing to the adjustable model, but i might have to make that also. then get the taper cut into the steering arm.

I also see that CPP:
http://www.classicperform.com/6092chevtrk.htm
has a bunch of suspension bits and I'll have to call then to see the thread sizes and /or find an adjustable drag link mock up.


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE