I made the change to new tie rod ends on my tie rod and drag link. I basically made a short tie rod and used it as a drag link. I used the same ends as I used on my tie rod, I just bought four instead of two. I got an old tie rod from the wrecking yard. They are the same on all of the straight axle front ends from 36 to 55, maybe even further back, cut the right hand thread off the end and rethreaded the new short piece with the left hand thread still on it. I guess, you could also cut both threaded ends off and weld them together. The only thing that you have to "work" with is that some of the pitman arms do not have the tapered hole in them after you remove the stud ball and you have to "work" with securing the tie rod in the pitman arm. The same can be said for the third arm on the left front hub (the other end of the drag link connection). I went even further and used a 46-54 axle and 53-54 steering arms on my 37. It now basically has a total mid 50's front end under it. This is now a very nice, smooth turning and riding front end! No shake eek , no shimmy :mad: !

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane