OK
This is for 1951 and earlier AD's. So the catalog says...

After asking the guys on bolt, I started my research and found something from speedway motors. As it turned out I had this catalog but a friend told me about the adjustable models of tie rod sleeves from 8'' to 24'', in aluminum, 5/8'' and 3/4''. They can also make any length of tie rod and drag link you want in SS, Plain, maybe even chrome molly. All w/ plain (no chrome or SS) ball ends in both L/H & R/H threads.
Here is a link, maybe in the future someone else will need this link/ thread:
SPEEDWAY MOTORS:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/xq/aspx/display_id.2086/qx/Product.htm
or http://www.speedwaymotors.com/xq/aspx/display_id.2087/qx/Product.htm
or
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Searc...eeves&SDeptId=&SearchTitleDescr=
GENTLEMEN
I found a source and will call them tomorrow about my need for a proper adjustable DRAG link. It will be necessary to remove / (drill out) the BALL end(s) of my ''tie rod'' & ''steering rod'' as well as the pitman arm. These must be a 'Chevy' taper fit insert.
question :
What is the center line length of the drag link (ball & socket type)... my stuff is at the rod shop and it may be a couple days b4 I'm back there???? Any one know. Ball park C/L figure is good cause they have about a 2'' give.
thx
Ps Bill, keep up that fine work.


Gooday
Jim

small wheel moves by fire and rod,
big wheel fires by the grace of god,
everytime that wheel turns round,
bound to cover just a little more ground.