Jim -
Got your message on the tie rod ends. Thanks for dropping me a note.
I never thought of Speedway, but it has happened to me before - I need something "custom" and, more times than not, Speedway has something that will work.
At this point I can tell you that having an adjustable drag link is the only way to go. Prior to making the adjustable drag link, I was using a 54 car drag link. The car darag link is adjustable, and that helps alot, even thought I was still battling the "springs and balls".
Why is it the only way to go, :confused: you ask. It is the only way to correctly center your steering wheel - actually, it is the only way to center it period. The set length drag link that comes on all trucks from at least 37 to at least 54 are made at a set length and it does not allow for ANY adjustment. Consequently, you end up not only, in some cases, your steering wheel off center, but your whole steering box can be off center - 3 1/2 turns right - 2 1/2 turns left.
I consider the adjustable drag link a "must be" item on any Art Deco or Advance Design truck.
Jim, again, thanks for the info!!
Joe
