Originally Posted by UtahYork
...My engine struggles when taking off from stops. I have to feather the pedal to get the revs up or it will die.
Ignorant question, but is that not the normal? I thought one always applies throttle while coming off of the clutch, but that may just be because I'm used to my Jeep which is 20 years newer and much faster.

I have been starting off in my '48 with just the tiniest bit of throttle added. If I don't add enough the truck feels like it wants to die. If I add too much the whole truck will shake like it is in a tornado, but I'm still not sure if that's due to an engine issue, a clutch issue, or me just sucking at driving the truck.


- 1948 Chevy 3600
"Fumbling about"
Follow the story in the DITY

- 1966 Jeep CJ5A
- 2005 Dodge Dakota
- 2007 HD Road King