Thanks all!

Just to help confuse things, the 1940 shop manual I have refers to the subject crossmember as "the second cross member" whereas the Master Parts Catalog appears to refer to it as "MEMBER, Frame Cross, Third"!

Measuring across the inside of the frame rail channels (from vertical to vertical) I got 33 7/8" at the forward pair of holes and 34 1/4" at the aft pair of holes.
The channel at those points is about 2 1/8" deep.

There are aftermarket transmission crossmembers that claim to be for '41-'54 Chevrolet trucks. (Photo attached) Does anyone have experience with one of this type?

I also am thinking that I will need to purchase a rear transmission support bracket like the one in the second photo. I have not found any suppliers for new ones of these, but there appear to be some used on the market.
Attachments
Transmission Mount .jpg (63.21 KB, 88 downloads)


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico