I purchased this truck thinking it was a 1940 KC 1/2 Ton. There were only 2 bolts holding the cab to the frame...and it turned out that the holes to mount the cab the correct distance from the radiator were missing!
Once I started looking at what I actually had, it seemed obvious that some things were not correct.
Eventually I measured the wheelbase and it measures 115". (It seems that the 1940 KC would have had a 113.5" wheelbase from what I have read.)
Measuring across the outside of the front of the frame shows 27".
Measuring across the outside of the rear of the frame shows 46 3/16".
The frame length measures 172 1/16"
Given all the above...I can't figure out what frame I have because nothing seems to match!
Also, in case it helps to confuse things further, all the drawings I have found (and attached to this post) show frames with 5 crossmembers...my frame does not have a crossmember between the one the rear of the engine sits on and the one that holds the parking brake cable pulleys.
The measurement across the rear of the frame (46 3/16") is close to a 1940 or a 1947, but the wheelbase being 115" is not correct for either of those years. (115" wheelbase matches what I find for a 1941, but the frame for that year shows a 44 1/4" measurement across the rear.)
The measurement across the front of the frame (27") doesn't match anything.
I wouldn't worry too much about this as it is obviously a Frankentruck, but as I move forward trying to make it roadworthy, it might be important to know what I am dealing with regarding steering components, etc.

Thoughts?
Attachments
1940 Half Ton Truck Frame Drawing.jpg (47.57 KB, 267 downloads)
1941 Half Ton Truck Frame Drawing.jpg (43.9 KB, 262 downloads)
1947 Half Ton Truck Frame.jpg (70.02 KB, 264 downloads)
1948 Truck Frames.png (492.86 KB, 264 downloads)


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico