Dan, I did wonder when I first received the project and started asking questions here on the forum, if any additional support was needed for the rear of the engine (a '54 Chev 235 set up for a Powerglide) with a 3 speed manual transmission attached. I was wondering because it had a ratchet strap stretched under the rear of the transmission. I removed the strap and the engine/trans seem happy sitting on the mounts seen in the first photo attached. Also, there are some empty holes (visible in the second photo) that MIGHT have been intended to hold that missing cross member. I am attaching a photo of the front portion of the frame that might help identifying if the front crossmember is further forward than what Chevy folks would expect. Dan, every question or observation probably brings us closer to an answer!

Sparky (Lee), I am attaching photos of both the front and rear ends of the frame and also some different general view of the frame. (I don't have any bumper brackets.)

I am heading out of town for a week (should have left an hour ago!) but I will take my photos and a laptop with me to carry on this discussion.

I sure appreciate all the input!
Attachments
Rear Engine Mount.JPG (232.13 KB, 221 downloads)
General View, Right Front.JPG (248 KB, 222 downloads)
Left Front Frame Horn.JPG (273.75 KB, 223 downloads)
Left Front Frame Horn (2).JPG (176.46 KB, 223 downloads)
Left Rear of Frame.JPG (260.51 KB, 223 downloads)
View From Rear.JPG (223.92 KB, 224 downloads)
Rear Half, (Temp Plywood Bed Visible).JPG (210.03 KB, 223 downloads)
General Forward View of Frame.JPG (218.38 KB, 221 downloads)


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico