I agree 100% about buying American and do so when it is possible. I sheepishly admit to buying some things from HF, but as others have said it is getting harder to find US made alternatives.
I bought my engine hoist from PepBoys. It's called a Red Devil by Toro. When I bought it, Toro claimed it was American made. It's a fold-up, air/hydraulic unit with remote button for about $190. I couldn't have built it for much less. Six steel wheels, air/hyd ram, a bunch of pins, clips, nuts, bolts, plus the steel, chain, hook, paint, weld rod, Argon,,,.

I first got their cheap model on sale and took it back the next day. The pivot point for the boom was just too low. Its first use would have been to take the bed off my '67. Just hooking it up to the chain and spreader bar had the boom at a bad angle. It would never have given me enough height. Lifting a 292 over the radiator support promised to also be a chore.
The air/hyd lift is much taller and has worked very well.

I haven't checked to see if Toro is still American made. Every time we buy from HF, an American company has to start importing, in order to compete.


'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd