I've had the 2,000 pound engine stand from HF for about 4 years. Works great and have never had a problem with it. I bought an angle air grinder there for about $5 3 years ago because I needed the tool quickly and didn't want to drive all the way to Sears. It works fine. On the other hand, I won't buy their wrenches, screw drivers or most other hand tools. Their brass drifts are fine. I buy my electrical connectors, cotter pins and that type of thing there. I bought a huge vice about 6 years ago for $35 and it has worked great. I have 4 of their jack stands and they work great. Same with their arbor press. I use their impact sockets and was pleasantly surprised that they work fine. If you are looking for precision, long-lasting hand tools, stick with the brand names. Mine are all Craftsman. It isn't all junk, but some of it is. Be selective and try a few things.