I'm getting into the thread a bit late. I've bought a few tools at HF and the rule of thumb I use is "if my life or livelyhood depend on it I don't buy it at HF". A buddy of mine here in town swears by HF. He's a handyman by trade (retired from his real job). It doesn't bother him a bit to buy a small hammer drill on sale at HF for $20 & get a few uses out of it before it breaks. I'd rather spend $100 once and use it for a lifetime. I would never buy a jack of any kind from HF. I'm not willing to bet my life the $1 a day slave that built it has my well being in mind.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.