If I'm a professional contractor, mechanic, etc, I wouldn't be caught dead using any tool from HF. What would you think if I showed up to work on your house sporting tools from HF? But for the home guy, I just don't care about image. How you can stop yourself. You look at the tool on display in the store and you can see pretty quickly if it's junk or if it will work. As a woodworker, I don't buy many of their tools. Their jointer (among others) looks like a piece of c**p! On the other hand, the 12" disc sander is IDENTICAL to the one sold by Grizly in all respects except the price!!! It's a very good tool that I use all the darn time and I love the fact that I spent a fraction of the cost of a Delta or some such. I bought a mortiser there and while I was able to get it to work adequately, the handle bent, so I replaced it myself with a scrap of steel rod I had. Works fine. Their pneumatic grease gun did not work. It could not work. No way the pad on the piston would fit inside the diameter of the grease cartridge even though it said it would. So I took it back and got my money back. I would think that something as low tech as an engine stand would be a no brainer. You buy it and even if it's tippy or something, you just beef it up yourself with some scrap steel and a welder. It's still a dern sight cheaper than fabrication from scratch.
There you go. Another country heard from.