To answer your question re: BTUs.

I have looked into the rated/claimed BTUs on both traditional and all-electric systems and find that neither one reports realistic/plausible numbers.

It is like going to walmart and buying a 5HP hand vacuum. There is a test that they will point at that outputs that value, but it is meaningless and deceptive.


I have intentionally not posted the BTU numbers from either because I do not believe them.

You can get good BTU numbers for household systems because there is a legally mandated methodology for it. If such a mandate/standard test exists for automotive systems, I have not seen it.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues