Yep, I've been called a tool often enough to say I'm the most dangerous tool in my collection.
Fact is regardless of what you are doing, & what you are using, the vast majority of accidents are caused by human error, usualy associated with a svere case of crainial rectumitis (head in yer arse disease).
Being in the Navy tho, they are all kinds of anal about using PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Some of the safety posters they have around here will make your stomach turn, but I'll still see some dumba$$ doin exactly the wrong things & not using the gear they supply to us. I use it all, and make sure it all works well. It's a small price to pay to keep all my parts.
I'm a big proponent of wearing eye protection and well fitting gloves at all times. Esp. workin on/around old bolts I have nearly destroyed my eyes too many times, & the gloves have saved my hands more times than I can count. Loose bulky gloves have thier uses, but around power tools they are just as bad as loose clothes.
I can say power tools are easily the most dangerous tho. Any hand held tool without a momentary switch is a bad thing.
My angle grinder is easily the most dangerous. Have zinged myself a few times, each of those times my gloves saved me a trip to the hospital, but keeping the guard in place, replacing even slightly damaged discs, & taking my time reduces that. I did manage to set my crotch on fire with the spark plume once tho, woooooo! :o
Bench grinders are extremely dangerous, I see people using damaged wheels and have to ask them if they have a death wish. I've heard of exploding wheels many times, never with good results. I didn't have one for the longest time, have an olllllld clamp to the bench grinder that you have to crank by hand. No danger of explosion using that beast, just hard to be accurate!
The table saw has always scared me, ever since I saw the hole in the wood shop wall in high school. It was made by a piece of hard wood, maybe a 1/2" square, chucked it a good 15 feet & passed all the way thru a cinder block wall.
Drill presses are a good one too. Have been beaten by items a time or two, bruised ribs will remind you to use clamps. The amazing falling chuck trick will get your attention as well, always love that one!
Comes down to anything used incorrectly, or inattentively, opens the door for Mr. Murphy to walk in & kick ya in the nads. :p