the most dangerous thing is not latting a tool do the job and trying to "help it":
I was drilling a hole through the mounting and mech. assembly of a one piece garage door in my first house 'cause the lock didn't work and I wanted to put a bolt through it as a lock. I started out with a 1/4" bit in the milwuakee magnum holeshooter drill and because those don't drill real fast AND the bit was dull I pushed on it real hard (duh). When the bit broke about 1/4" from the chuck it left the rest of it sticking out of the partially drilled hole in the bracket. Because I was pushing on it and leaning into it when my hand moved forward the bit entered my hand between the middle and ring finger. as I looked at the raised skin halfway down the back of my hand, streched tighly over the bit, I dropped the drill motor. As I screamed explitives at the new pain in my toes, I began to ponder my next step regarding the drill bit, still stuck to the garage door bracket, and how to remove the 3" of it that was retaining my hand. I tried to get the bit to come free of the bracket with my left hand but it wouldn't budge and no other tool was within reach due to the close proximity of the closed garage door , hood of the 62 nova and the fact that my tools are usually at the back of the garage near the bench. As I was working alone , with no one else at home, my only option at that point was to pull my hand from the drill bit as quikly and straight as possilbe. It made a nasty sound on exit. Moral of the story: Let the tool do the work!!!
Jeff


220 - 221 whatever it takes