| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,821 | Calculating the theoretical CFM at various RPM ranges (assuming 100% volumetric efficiency which is impossible) can be a real education. Most people stick their fingers in their ears and chant "LALALALALALA!- - - -I CAN'T HEAR YOU" when I point out that the laws of physics aren't suggestions! A 235 at 5000 RPM can only flow 408 CFM- - - - -and that's assuming there's no friction losses in the ports. Now- - - - - -tell me why it's going to need around 600+ CFM of carburetion- - - - -I'll wait patiently! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|