I thought that turn signals were not a factory option until 1960, but it looks like they actually started offering them in 57. From what I can tell looking tonight, it appears that GM offered the same switch that the Corvettes used as an option then.

This is probably actually a correct switch/housing, I just have the wrong steering wheel.

It appears that this setup (assuming it is the parts I think it is) did not have a latch/cancel. The internals are a pair of levers and springs to center the stalk and you had to pulse them yourself.

I kind of like that as an "unusual but original" feature. I think I will try and fit it as-is and keep it as a curiousity.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues