Not too much at all, Fibonachu. I was hoping for someone to reply who had fiddled with both the GM and the aftermarket types.

I’ll ask a question out of ignorance. I know just enough about LS swaps to be dangerous. Those who run them with the factory ECU have to have the VATS removed. But that’s more or less all it takes to get one to run. I don’t ~think~ the VATS step would be part of the TBI system.

Let’s pretend someone went and got a GM TBI, harness, and ECU from an early 90s 4.3 V6. Mounted it on a Stovebolt with all the sensors located, wired in, and such. Perhaps with an HEI distributor to supply that input. Would it run at all? Even poorly without a tune? Would the different firing order from the V6 computer totally hose things up?

Last edited by JW51; 06/03/2023 11:34 AM.

1951 3100