Thank you! Will check out what you have suggested. The shaft is turning the pump and the oil level is full. Not real familiar with hydraulics, but will give it a whirl and let you know what I find. Talked with the previous owner again last night and he said that it may be what rezman suggested. He said he does recall that it had to be at just the right position to work ( He hadn't used the dump bed in years). So I will see if I can find that "Sweet Spot". We had the bed supported with 2 pieces of steel "I" beam and a large piece by the hinge. Trying to be as safe as we can when working underneath there. I will also check the U joints to make sure they are in phase. Oddly enough, it started running smoother the more it was driven yesterday. Also, does anyone have any input on the door latch problem? Kinda sucks when the door keeps flying open when you're going down the road... I appreciate your help. Gonna be a long road to restoration, but it is fun....
On a side note to rezman. This truck has the push/pull knobs that are used for the hydraulics. No levers... Does this make a difference?? Also, should bed be up or down when filling or does it matter?