Hello all!

New here and have a few questions. I really don't know much about these older trucks, but I'm willing to learn. Just picked up a 52' 2-ton Chevy in fair shape I guess. It does need a lot of work, but that's why I got it. Love to restore old cars and boats, but this is a first for a large truck. A little background on it. It belonged to a casual neighbor of mine down the road and he used it up until about 3 years ago. It had sat since then. Well, myself and a few others, including the owner, got her running. It runs very well. The problems are these. It has a dump bed on it that we can't get to go up. When you engage the PTO, you can hear it trying to go but just won't. So we manually raised the bed up and checked the fluid and it was full. Any ideas with the limited info of where to begin troubleshooting this? Also, the drivers side door latch will not hold the door shut. (Not good when going down the road). It looks as though the piece that hooks into the plate in the door will not hold. Just kinda hanging there and won't "snap" up and lock in. I noticed that you can buy the entire latch or just the springs for the latch. I'm guessing that a spring cut loose in there and that's why it won't latch tight. They also make some kind of repair spring that I saw, but don't know anything about where it would go. So if anyone knows how I can repair this, I'd sure appreciate it. The one other thing I wanted to run by you is the fact that the truck really vibrates above 15-20 MPH. It seems more than a balance problem to me, but I guess it could be. Alot of shaking going on at such a low speed. I was wondering if the tires could have flat spots in them from sitting so long. I'm going to take it in tomorow to have the tires balanced and see if that helps, Any thoughts? Also, the heater is not working, but I can fix that I think. Everthing else is just minor stuff. Seems like it will be a good project and hopefully I can iron out some of these bigger problems and get going on it. Done most of the maintenence that I felt nessesary for a truck that's been sitting for a while. I want to really get the mechanics of it in shape and then work on the cosmetics later for the most part. If there is anything I need to focus on or any help you can give with the other problems, I sure would appreciate it. Great forum here! Like I said, I really don't know much about the trucks, but I'll try to answer any question you may have. I have a Manual on the way, so that may help, too....Wow, that was a long post.....

Thanks,