My 261 runs a set of 302 GMC rods so I had to order forged pistons which I did from Venolia. Pretty good lump on the pistons. But the rub was that they were not inexpensive and they were only semi finished. You had to final grind them to fit. I actually do not have the skills to do that so had to farm it out so more expense. Pistons had a valve relief cut in the top. The thing is, the motor runs better with a bit more compression. To have access to some stock rod pistons for a 235 and 261 with near zero deck height and a lump to get the compression into the 9.75 - 10 range would be really great and supportable on today's pump gas.
IF HRL has a way to stroke these motors, and lighten the crankshaft, along with the higher compression pistons, jeez, you might really be able to build something that runs really well. What fun!
Last edited by Dragsix; 02/15/2022 8:01 PM.