48..

I just get sick of the almost mindless "chop/slam/shave" mentality some folks have when it comes to old iron. When it comes to powerplants, i'm happy with the 235 in my '46 and the 216 in the '50, but lets face it, neither motor is really well suited for car/truck hauling over any kind of distance.

I wouldn't dream of hacking up a nice original truck with solid potential for a restore, but this power plant is a solid block of rust, god only knows what shape the tranny is in, or if the rear is any good.. but the frame is solid and the sheetmetal is fantastic.

I want a car/truck haulin' flatbed, and for $100 I figured this was as good as any place to start.. altho i'm sure i'd need to update the brakes, suspension.. stuff like that.. so it might not make for a cost effective plan unless I sit around and wait for the deals.

Maybe i'd be better off finding a later model big truck and just swapping cabs! I know where a wrecked late 80's International is sitting smile

'49.. the big bolts are all over the place here man.. if you were to come up, the hardest part of the visit would be to pick just one to drag back home!


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.