Spanky, I've not been working on my truck for a spell because O my welder (with 4 cylinder wisconsin) won't start now. I'm nearly finished with the beavertail on the old Jimmy and just need to weld in the cross sills on my homemade 30ft car trailer. The ZR has worked like I had hoped it would- stopped the rust in it's tracks.
My book lists all model GMCs from 46-56 and the engines that "came" in them stock. From the model 100 (1955) (the smallest) to the big boy HDCW-970 (1948-51) But I don't list any COEs as coming with Diesel engines (not to say they couldn't have been a special order)
My other GMC book 1936-42 lists the years and the engines but not the models. Appears GMC started using diesel engines in some of their big trucks in 1938.
Oly in Oregon
Rest in Peace1945 GMC COE Victory Truck
1953 Willys CJ3B
1955 Chevy 1st series 3/4-ton
1958 WIFE Last series
Never say "Whoa" in a mud hole