I like my horsepower with an ignition switch- - - - -and I don't have to feed it if I choose not to drive it for a month or two!
LOL!
One thing that should definitely be considered is the weight disparity between the trailer and the tow vehicle. Getting a heavy load moving is just a matter of putting enough power to the ground to overcome the rolling resistance. Once in motion, steering, and especially stopping must be factored into the equation. I've been in some pretty hairy situations when a heavy trailer started to push my undersized tow rig around when I encountered a tight downhill turn on slippery pavement. "Jacknife" is a term you don't need to get familiar with! If the roads were all straight and level and the weather was always warm and sunny, we could get by with a lot different equipment. The trick is to get set up for the worst possible conditions, and the good ones will be a pleasure to handle. "Plan for the worst- - - -hope for the best!"
Jerry