John you didn't run me off. I've just been very busy with my real life job and I haven't had the chance to do any writing much less anymore research into what I want to do.

That being said I've done more research and spoken with a friend of mine who does rat rods and such. I read through all the suggestions y'all made and I've come up with 2 options that I would love to get some feedback on. Both options utilize a much smaller trailer instead of the rolling condominium from before. I'll be using a trailer like this.

https://www.logancoach.com/warmbloo...yZLenkY5pHnugAE8ruyIbjo4HqsFxmYDMgtNdOSc

I've also settled on a '54 3804 as the truck I'd like. It's a 1-ton which gives me options for it to be used around the farm/ranch. It'll also give the main character (again a 16 year old high school boy in the deep south circa 2015) some cool points. Now the options that I'd like your opinions on is this.

Option 1 - box the frame of the truck. Upgrade the springs, brakes, etc. Swap the motor for a 6bt cummins.

Option 2 - swap the frame for an S-10. This would be cheaper but the truck wouldn't be a 1-ton. This would also already come with the upgrades likes brakes.

As a writer I'm leaning towards Option 1 as I like the idea of him having use of the full 1-ton capacity, but I would very much like to hear your thoughts about this.