David I would go with Jon's statement, "Carter did NOT offer a YF specifically for the 292, but one for a Ford 300 CID truck engine can be made to work well."
Jon barks and bites when you call him on the telephone so be polite. I don't blame him. He's has had thousands +++ to call him with no clue of what they want/need.
I for one would love to know which carburetors he would chose and which parts to swap/modify even though I don't own a 292.
The beginnings of Federal emissions in 1972 so MAYBE he would use those made in the years from 1969-71.
BTW, like you, I also would prefer to stay with a 1 barrel carburetor.

Panic, I apologize for robbing your 2G table. I added your name to my copy to remind me not to do it again. Sorry about that.


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."