4339s is basically a redone (to produce) less expensively 3211s.

Carter suggested it ONLY for the smaller cars (NOT suggested for use on either trucks or full size cars).

Air flow is the same as for a 235.

Main jet is fixed, thus recalibration MUST be done with metering rods, but venturi is too small for a 292.

I have posted MANY times that Carter did NOT offer a YF specifically for the 292, but one for a Ford 300 CID truck engine can be made to work well. There are several different numbers that one can use.

If I had one for sale, I would be very cautious to whom I would sell it, and for what.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop