Well.. current is definately an issue.. with one jumper cable from the neg of the battery to the engine and my braided cable from the neg to the frame she turns slow.. when I add a second jumper cable from the battery to the engine she turns even faster.
I didn't have any problems turning the flywheel when I needed to move it around to get the pressure plate bolts off, even with the plugs in it. You can tell theres compression, because you hit that "harder than usual" place in the rotation, and with the plugs out, it turns free without that "harder than usual" spots.
It occoured to me that perhaps these 6V IL6 motors may not turn over nearly as fast as my V6 Jimmy or Exploder, but this beast is turnin' over slow.
Like one "rurr" a second kinda slow.. i'd like to hear at least two "rurrs" a second!
She hasn't been running in quite some time, and I pulled the fuel tank to flush and seal it, so it's probably gunna take some crankin' to get the fuel up to the carb.
Yesterday I put a little gas in the carb and cranked her over with the thought that maybe it was supposed to crank that slow.. but it didn't seem to have any effect.
I see a trip to the auto parts store for some new cables in my future.