Ok..

[img]http://www.geekoasis.com/images/clutchass.gif[/img]
The bolt holes for the bolts holding on "doohickey 'D'" go all the way thru the flywheel (F), so I just got a bolt that matched the thread, and screwed it in a few turns.

When I went to turn the bolt head on the other side, the flywheel would turn till my added bolt came to rest up against the bottom of the bell housing and that made breaking loose the bolts there a piece o' cake.

Now my problem is that two of the bolt heads that hold "doohickey 'D'" on are rusted bad, and I can't get a wrench on 'em snug.. so i'll probably have to Sawzall or Dremel the heads off and tap 'em out once the flywheel is out.

So what you guys are saying is that once I get 'D's bolts out, she outta just drop down out of the way, then I can use a simular method to remove the bolts from 'E' and then the same for the flywheel?

I might try and get a tight pair o' vice grips on those two rusted bolt heads on 'D' before I go the cutting the heads off route.. actually.. i'm gunna try that now.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.