Well after getting done with some other projects, and between uncooperative weather spurts on days I DID have free, I finally got the clutch out and the flywheel off!

Some WD40 and a wire brush got the flywheel lookin' just about brandy spankin' new. I had to cut the heads of two bolts that held the pressure plate to the flywheel off because they were impossible to get a wrench on.

So there was a bit of a "neck" sticking out of the flywheel where each head was chopped.. I was able to get the first one off with a pair of vice grips. The second one, of course is being a little stubborn!

I let it soak overnight with the WD, and tomorrow i'll get to work on removing the old bolt and putting the flywheel back on.

It's gunna be another week before i'm going to have the extra jack to buy a new clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bering.. so once the new ring gear is on the flywheel and the flywheel is re-attached, i'll spend the time getting that ole 235 running.

The old clutch dosen't look bad, but it's rusty and it's had mice living in it for god only knows how long.. I figure while i've got it torn apart, it just makes sence to replace that stuff.. I don't wanna have to pull the tranny again anytime soon, know what I mean?


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.