[color:#FF0000]Thank you again for your very detailed reply. I'll try my best to answer the questions.
1. "Can't get it to go" is just another way of saying it won't even fire?
A-The truck will not fire at all, no sputtering, coughing.
[/color]
2. So with the fluid sprayed into carb, motor did nothing at all except spin? Not one bang.
A-Yes, that is correct no bang at all. Nothing.
3. On top of that, starter can't keep up with flywheel? What EXACTLY does that mean? Does the small pinion on starter disengage flywheel even if you keep your foot down or what? Be advised that if motor is not starting, not firing, there is no "keeping up" with the flywheel. The starter is turning the flywheel. If motor did fire or start to run, then the flywheel would be turning on it's own and could outpace a messed up pinion "bendix".
A-After about 5 seconds of cranking, there is a different sound, like a whirl, it might be the small pinion disengaging but I'm not sure.
4. Let us know when and how you yourself observed a spark jumping a spark plug gap. Spell out your exact method in detail.
A-Pulled number on plug rested it against block and saw it spark while friend cranked engine.
5. Are you going to do the tasks as we present them or someone else? Do the plug test I posted.
A-I will do the test myself
6. Copy this list of questions into your next post and answer one at a time, in red, next to the question. You missed several last list. That method is mush easier for everyone.
A-Tried to make them red but I think I was screwing it up.
7. Let us know if you are somewhat handy with mechanics in general.
I'm not an expert mechanic but have worked on cars for some time, basic stuff front end, brakes, engine maintenance
8. I did see your discussion on timing. I did not see your follow up. You don't need a vacuum gauge because your motor won't even fire. I didn't get the feeling you got the BB in the window, on the pointer, on plug 1 compression stoke in that post. And since then you have also said "I got it close enough". This is not sounding so good. Do it again.
A-The white BB is lined up with the flywheel arrow when the rotor is pointed to number six.
9. Do you have a ballast resistor?
A-No,
10. Do you have a 12V starter?
A-I think it is 6 V
11. Do you have a 12V coil with two wires on the pos terminal?
A-Only one wire on POS terminal
12. Is marked internally resisted or externally resisted?
It says use with external resistor on the body of the coil
13. Do you have a stock points distributor?
A-Yes, all stock.
Thank you for your valuable input, patience and expertise!
PJDEE